Friday, May 30, 2008

My #1!



Mike is my favorite person in the whole world! I forget to tell him like I should. I am so glad to be living life with him. When I first met him I thought that he was to good to be true. I began praying hard that he would be interested in me. Next I prayed that he would be falling in love with me like I was with him. Now 18+ years later I pray for our marriage that God would continue to bless it. We learned early on that our marriage took 3 Mike, Naomi and God. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 talks about how " A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart." It is so true for us. With God being the 3rd strand in our marriage we can do so much more and overlook so much more when times are tough. Mike is such a great husband and I tell our kids that I search for the best man I could find to marry so that when we had children, they would have the best father. I am honored to be his wife. Mike I love you, thank you for being such a great husband and father to our children! This is not a great picture of Mike but, he is doing what he is great at and what he loves...preaching! I will have to get a better picture and post it sometime in the near future (no promises).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How refreshing it is to hear a wife say such wonderful things about her husband and be even more in love today then when you were first married! Hearing people gripe and complain about their spouses seems to be so much more common than to hear someone be so uplifing, supportive, and completely in love! Your love and commitment to God and your family and for all those you come in contact with is an inspiration to everyone!!

If Keith reads this (and I have no clue if he does) I just want to tell you that I love you and am thankful to have you in my life! I am so proud of you for the amazing father that you are (even when you didn't have to be), for your commitment to our family, for being so openminded and willing to attend church and learn and for playing a huge role in helping and being an important part of the church. I'm proud of you for all the hours you put in at your job which you never do half heartedly but always do to the best of your ability and with integrity. I'm proud of you for the compromises and sacrifices you've made for your family. I am proud that you are my husband and I don't tell you that near enough.

naomi silliman said...

Nikki-Wow! I have tears in my eyes. Thank you. Just in case Keith does not get to read this please make sure either he does or you tell him this some how. As wives it is our job to let our husbands know how much they mean to us and you have but now he needs to read it.