Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Recap 2007!


I know....I am always behind times!! In my defense....when I am not keeping up with the world passing me by....I am enjoying my full-time job....being a stay-at-home mom!!!

A quick recap of 2007:

1. The new ages of my children as of today 1-15-08 are:
Casey 11
Michael Jr. 7 1/2
Abbey 3
Caleb almost 7 months

2. I also got older I am now 35 ouch ( Mike also turned another year older too)!

3. As with my age my eyes are not like they used to be. I now have glasses.

4. Mike's sister and her family moved back to the area. We are really enjoying
having his family close by.

5. Mike finished the year out with KBS (his job of 16 years). He is now a full-time
Pastor (with pay)!!

Ok...now that I have you up to date on the last year here are a few things that have
been highlights of the new year:

We went to Great Wolf Lodge with some friends and my niece Bethany. We had a great
time just hanging out and playing in the water park in Jan.!

Mike and I went on a date night and we had a blast!!! We didn't do anything extravagant.
We just went out to dinner and the mall ( yes the teenagers still hang out there on Fri. nights.
some things never change). It was nice just spending time together being able to talk about
our thoughts for our lives for the next year. It was a lot of fun! Thank you Mom and Dad S.
for loving on your grandkids so we could go out alone!!

I am adjusting to being a Pastor's wife. I am relying on God to give me what I need to fill
these shoes. I honestly feel like God calls people and then helps them in the role when
they obey.

I am involved in a Community Bible Study. We are studying Acts. I am really enjoying
studying the first Church.

We also enjoyed Mike's day off. He has been taking Monday as his day off. The first one
we were away and yesterday was just so nice. I stopped and realized that it has been a
few years since he has had a day off. He worked for KBS at least Mon.-Fri. and was always
on call and Sat.-Sun. he was working for Elk Creek Church.

I also have a Starbucks update. A new one opened a few minutes away from our house and
Mike kept the kids while I went out with a friend to enjoy a cup of coffee!! It was the best
cup of coffee I have had in a long time. We just sat and enjoyed the time out without our kids.
Don't get the wrong idea....this is the same friend that we try to find fun things to do with our
kids. So it was a treat to go out without them.

2 comments:

Mike Silliman said...

Naomi,

You are a great stay at home mom too. I could never do what you do! I'm thankful that you are living out the unique vision that God has given you...To be a catalyst for life change in the lives of our children!

I love you lots!

Mike

naomi silliman said...

Mike,

Without your help I could not do what I do either! You are the strength that gets me through the tough days. You are the true leader of our home and I am so thankful that God gave us each other and then He blessed us with our 4 kids!!

I love you too!!!

Naomi