Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not my home!

I was thinking today....I know that is scary! I often miss my old home and my friends that I don't see to often. We were in a great neighborhood ( much like the one we are in now ). I loved our house and told everyone that I was not going to move until I was to old to go up and down the steps. I was done moving!!!!! At least I thought. Mike and I had moved a total of 7 times in our 14 years of marriage. We did a lot of work inside and out to make it ours. We added a sidewalk, we put tile in the kitchen and laundry room, most of the house was painted just the way we wanted it, and we added an in-ground pool. We were happy! Then God spoke......not out loud. He just gave us this feeling ( I don't know how to put it into words )....that we were to go plant a Church. No, my husband was not a pastor. He was a janitor. He had also worked his way up the corporate ladder to one of the presidents of the company. I was not on board at first with this Church planting thing.......remember I loved where I was in every way. But God kept working on me and before I knew it, our home did not feel like ours anymore. I knew we had to move. I was filled with emotions. Long story short 2 1/2 years later God has blessed us with a beautiful home and an in-ground pool, plus a hot tub ( that the kids love )! We have planted Elk Creek Church with God's help. God is doing amazing things at Church. People are going to heaven because we obeyed and God worked in peoples hearts! Heaven is my ultimate home I am just passing through! I learned through all of this that I can and will go any where God wants me to. Is God calling you to do or go somewhere? It feels awesome to obey!

No comments: