Friday, April 4, 2008

Bad day at work!

Ok it wasn't that bad! And I am a stay at home mom so I can't get fired. Caleb is into everything and he is having the time of his life! Today he got into 2 plants and made a mess.....one right after the other! The sad thing was that I was right there....he is too fast and I may be a little slower than a few years ago. Abbey on the other hand is such a big helper! She brought down a load of laundry for me into the basement and emptied ( the load that had not been washed yet) the washer and then filled it back up for me; then she proceeded to press the buttons to wash this load. Ok this is when I enter the room......do I yell or laugh and thank her for her help? I did the later and then went to tell Mike. I did yell a little bit when I discovered that she messed up my washer and I could not get it to start!! Mike unplugged the washer (that must have reset it) and that solved the problem. I had to look back and just laugh and be grateful for days like these that I am able to spend with my little ones. I look at my older 2 and I don't know where the time went!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it hard to look at a messy situation with our children and see the "helpfullness" in it!?! Ha! I can totally relate to your laundry experience Naomi! Haylee likes to help cook and when theres food all over the floor, eggs cracked on the counter, and messy finger prints all over the cabinet it's hard to stay patient and thank her for being so helpful when I want to yell chase her right out of the kitchen!! ;o)

naomi silliman said...

nikki-I'm glad to know on days like these that I am not alone! A mess is being made in another home to!